Sunday, February 20, 2011

Iceland weather 2010 and consequences of the Eruption.

 
Distribution of ash thickness, Eyjafjallajökull eruption  Discharge from Jökulsá á Fjöllum, during 5 summers
source: Iceland Met Office 

ENG: I now have some answer to my questions. The Iceland Met Office published 2 very interesting reports: one about the fairly warm year of 2010 in Iceland and one about the consequences of the ashes of the Eyjafjallajökull eruption. It's very interesting and you can see that I experienced big above average river floods all around the Vatnajökull. This shows my not so idiot reaction of walking onto 2 glaciers without crampons! The water discharge of the Jökulsá á Fjöllum is roughly 40% higher in July 2010 (black) compared to the previous 4 summers. And obviously was the trend for all other rivers.

FRA: à traduire.

NL: te vertalen

1 comment:

Andy said...

This exhibits my not so idiot response of walking onto two glaciers without the need of crampons! The drinking water discharge from the Jökulsá
Does anyone about to get andBuy WOW Gold EU, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safeWOW Gold Cheap, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.